Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What's Important Now

I'm a career mom. That does not mean mom=career. It means mom+career. (As you know, all moms "work"24/7.) I have to blend the two full-time jobs seamlessly to build success on the homefront and at the jobsite.

Without question the mom job is the most important...and my most favorite. However, I must do well at the career job to help sustain the success of the mom job.

For example, the career job provides benefits that help keep a healthy family in the mom job. The career job provides a paycheck that helps house, feed, clothe, and educate in the mom job.

Striking a balance between the two jobs is a tricky and sometimes risky business. I can't tell you how many times I feel like I've failed at one, the other, or both.

When you find a successful balancing point between your professional career and motherhood, you've hit nirvana.

I find success when I live by this acronym: WIN. It stands for "What's Important Now". It also happens to be the first three letters of my last name...so it's easy for me to remember. As I go through the day, I try to stay focused on the task that is most important at that moment. Is it a work meeting? An office project? My daughter's homework assignment? My husband telling me about his day?

Ladies...get the most out of your mom+career jobs by focusing on W-I-N. It's a strategy that spells SUCCESS!

Follow me on Twitter @DiWin

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Glad you started a blog. I will add you to my list! I like the WIN idea.

Christine said...

Woohoo!!! Happy you're here in blogger-land. I'll add you to my list.

Gary and Renee said...

and you held out for so long! I'm so excited about your blog!

Post a Comment