Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Fantastic 40th



I just turned 40 years old!

I was depressed for a year about my 30th b-day. But for some reason 40 is different. And I’m not just talking about the 20 lbs I’ve put on in the last 10 years.


I definitely have more confidence at 40 than I did at 30. Sometime in the last decade I developed an “I don’t care what you think about me…I’m just doing my thing” attitude. I’m living life the best I know how. I consider myself blessed to have a wonderful husband, two beautiful daughters, a fulfilling career, a lovely home and great friends.

My husband gave me a surprise “80s theme” party for my 40th. I graduated from high school in ’88, still listen to 80s music and love to watch old movies from that decade. Many of my friends showed up in 80s attire. It was HILARIOUS! My bro-in-law made 80s music CDs, my husband recorded hours of 80s music videos, and there is a ginormous copy of my senior picture that’s still hanging on my wall.



Also…my husband gave me the BEST GIFT EVER for my b-day. He knew that I’d freak out with a bunch of people at our dirty house. So, he hired two ladies to clean our house from top to bottom. Windows washed, bathtub scrubbed, oven cleaned, fridge wiped out, ceiling fans dusted… EVERYTHING! For a working mom who loves a tidy home but doesn’t have much time, this tops every other birthday present I have ever received.

Thanks Ryan!

2 comments:

Aislinn said...

I'm so glad that you had fun! Tim and I wanted to be there but we just couldn't make it work!! Happy birthday!

Big Mama Cass said...

I would CRY if my husband got our house cleaned!!! OMG! That would be soooo AWESOME! How sweet of him!

Post a Comment