Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mushy-Brain Syndrome


I'm living with mushy-brain syndrome. It's a side effect of long vacations. I'm on day 9 of our 11-day trip to Peru, and I can barely put two sentences together.

I. am. so. relaxed. :)

The moment that I think of my job, or any sort of responsibility enters into my mind, I dismiss it without guilt. Without any cares. Without any worries. Without any stress.

***SIGH***

I will admit that the first couple of days I kept looking for my Blackberry. But it's been safely tucked away in a drawer...and hasn't been turned on since we boarded the plane in Miami more than a week ago.

I didn't even pack a pair of high-heeled shoes. All of my dry-clean only clothes are hanging in the closet back home. Except for a couple of hours at the Lima Temple and MTC church services, it's been 100% casual 100% of the time.

***BLISS***

The highlight of this trip was a 3-day trip to Cuzco and Machu Picchu. I loved every second of that adventure. Sharing it with my husband, girls and parents was an incredible experience.

I'm quite content living with mushy brain syndrome. In fact, I'm almost to the point that I don't miss my shoes. (ALMOST. I haven't been gone THAT long.)

I'll be back to reality soon enough. The Skechers will go into semi-retirement, the high-heels will be dusted off, and I'll force my brain to start functioning again.

Until then...

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I am so jealous of your trip. Looks like such a relaxing place. I am glad you took time out for a family vacation. Memories...thats what its all about! Come home safely

mama_g said...

Looks totally fun! Have a safe trip back.

Post a Comment