Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Positive Words

Last month I attended the viewing of a sweet friend and former neighbor. Lucille was 91 years-old, and passed away after a brief illness.

She was a fantastic lady, full of life and positive energy. Lucille had more spunk in her little toe than most people have in their entire body. And she always looked fantastic!

One Sunday in the hallway at church she grabbed me and said, “I saw your picture in the newspaper and I just have to say that I’m so proud of you!” Then she gave me a big hug and marched away in her high heels. (She was referring an announcement in the local paper about a promotion that I had received at work.)

It was such a small gesture, but she'll never know how much that meant to me. I had two very young children, and was really struggling with work/life balance at that time. She helped me feel that I could successfully manage the crazy life of a working mom.


What a big difference a few positive words can make.

Thanks Lucille...I'll miss you!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Amen the smallest thing can mean so much at the right time! What a sweet woman.

Post a Comment