Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Diagnosis

So I thought I was tough. Just needed one sick day, and I was back in the saddle.

Wrong!

I went into work on Tuesday. I didn't feel well, but a girl can only sleep so much. Besides, I go nuts staying home. I love my kids and I love my house. I just haven't learned how to love staying home all day.

By 4 p.m., I was done. So finished. Couldn't function. one. more. minute. My boss called at that very moment of despair and I told him I wasn't going to make it. Fortunately, I have a great boss and he told me to go home.

So sad...I missed our ladies night at the church. I was really looking forward to an evening of yoga and smoothies, but it would have been a personal disaster.

I got my sick self to the doc this morning. I was sure that I had the flu or strep throat. My throat has been on fi-yah!

Wrong again!

The diagnosis was bronchitis.

Fine. Okay. Whatever. Just give me a prescription for some drugs to cure what's ailin' me 'cause I can't take it any more.

Now I'm back home, sufficiently medicated, laying on the couch and watching a thrilling episode of Yo Gabba Gabba with my kindergartner.

(Actually, it's pretty entertaining to watch her dance along. She doesn't realize I'm checking her out...she just thinks I'm blogging.)

No comments:

Post a Comment