Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pre-Vacation Craziness

I am worn out getting ready for a little four-day spring break getaway.

It's not enough that I have to get this family of four ready with laundry, suitcases, roadtrip activities, and picnic lunches. (And where the heck am I going to hide the Easter basket goodies in our car?)

No, there's much more to do than just preping the family. If you're a working gal, then there's the stuff to do at the office just so you can be out for a couple of days.

Fortunately, I have a great team who can definitely keep things humming along in our department. But there are things that I can't/won't/don't delegate. Don't ask me why because I probably couldn't come up with a good answer. Maybe it's just for job security.

The point is, when I take vacation I don't just have to get my family ready and my house in order. I have to get my job duties situated so I'm not buried when I walk back in the door.

There is so much time and effort that goes into getting ready for a vacation that I have determined that I need a pre-vacation to get everything all together for the actual vacation. And then when I get back, I need a post-vacation to everything back to normal.

In the ideal world according to Diana Windley, a four-day spring break trip would actually go six days to accomodate pre- and post-vacation days.

But in the real world, I'll work 'til the last minute, cram as much fun as we can into four days, come home dog-tired with suitcases filled with dirty laundry, and try not to drown in the swimming pool of work, school and home life on Monday morning.

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Meili said...

Good luck!

Smith Family- Puerto Rico Style said...

can't wait to see you!!

Melinda said...

Have fun! RELAX

Camille said...

NO WAY!! Did you go to Puerto Rico?!?! (Just read the comment from "Smith Family - Puerto Rico Style") That's where I served my mission! Hope you had so much fun! UPDATE! UPDATE!

Business Plan Writers said...

Good Luck!

Post a Comment