Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

It's Over, Oprah

I may be the only female in the USA who isn’t sad or upset about Oprah ending.

I can honestly say that watching Oprah has not changed my life. It has not inspired me to become a better/worse person. It has not been a motivator to do good/bad in the world. It has not given me hope/despair for the future.

I don’t hate Oprah. I’ll watch Oprah the two times a year I take a sick day.

I can name three times in my life that I watched Oprah on a regular basis, and they are all related to staying home from school/work for a health issue or maternity leave.

Maybe that’s why I’m not upset about Oprah ending. I associate watching the show with pain, misery or sleeplessness. Or seeing Tom Cruise jump up and down on a yellow leather couch.

(Okay…there was that one episode with Bon Jovi that was really good. It actually helped me feel better. You can’t go wrong with those guys.)

I won't be watching the last show (unless I'm sick). And I don't plan on setting the DVR.

It's over, Oprah. Time to put the yellow leather couch on eBay.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Nope, you're not the only female. I'm right there with you. Now, the finale of Dancing with the Stars??? That's another story - and the DVR is set.

Meili said...

You're not the only one. I've tried to watch Oprah a few times, but I always lose interest about 5 minutes in. She's just SO vain. Ciao, Oprah! I'm sure we'll be seeing you.

Martincrew said...

Haha! I am so not an Oprah fan either! Who else puts their own picture on every magazine they publish...geez! Once upon a time I would watch her then I felt she was getting desperate for topics and I said goodbye long ago. Do love her favorite things idea though :)

Denise Wymore said...

Wow - I cannot believe you spoke out against Oprah! LOL. And I totally agree - didn't watch her last episode. Caught a few episodes over the year (when I was sick) and you're so right - rarely made me feel better.

Oh, and the big giant giveaway shows - really? Remember when she gave all of those audience members that crappy car that wouldn't sell?

Great post.

Post a Comment