Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cuticles


No one has asked me for beauty tips lately (go figure?!?!) so I thought I’d just share something any way as a gift to this blog's readers (all eight of you).

Go get yourself some Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream (BBLBCC).

I have horrible cuticles. Painfully cracked and bleeding cuticles. My poor little fingers are not helped by the fact that I live in the second-driest state in the nation. My cuticles are unaware that all of northern Utah is under a severe flood watch.

Google “cracked cuticles” and you’ll be presented with options for all sorts of remedies. Everything beginning with Vaseline and rubber gloves (no thanks) to exotic lotions and potions from around the world (too expensive).

I love Burt’s Bees lip balm, so when a site recommended the cuticle cream, I was on the hunt (found it at Ulta and Wal-Mart). I purchased cotton white gloves to wear at night with the cuticle cream along with the Burt's Bees hand cream and body butter.

I'm not messing around...we're talking about curing cracking cuticles!

My husband doesn’t allow me to even wear socks to bed, so you can imagine his reaction to me wearing gloves. I suppose he was tired my whining about the pain, so he granted me permission to wear the gloves. (Seriously…this is a big issue on our marriage. I can wear flannel PJs from my neck down to my wrists and ankles, but my feet must be naked.)

After a week of cuticle TLC, I purchased two more BBLBCCs. I have BBLBCC everywhere I go…one for home, one for the office, and one for my purse. (
Add it to the list!)

I.Love.My.Cuticles!

Obviously…who else would blog about her cuticles unless she was being paid by Burt’s Bees? (Which I’m not. However, if Burt’s Bees wants to send me some more BBLBCC, I’ll gladly accept it.)

So there’s the beauty tip you didn’t ask for…from your friendly non-beauty-expert blogger.

Give BBLBCC a try. Your cuticles will thank me.

3 comments:

BenJoe said...

I am surprised this never came up while i was there. Tami and I both use that stuff for the same reason. It was an inside joke for years. I had at least three bottles of it in my drawer

Alice Wills Gold said...

I am proud to be one of 8 of your readers. LOL

I have never given my cuticles much thought and I have been trying to scrutinize them while reading. they seem find to me, but I am going to have to put the cuticle cream on the list because I love burt's bees.

Renee said...

I have a tin of it right by my keyboard, along with my cuticle pusher. I use it everyday - we're definitely related!

Post a Comment